Brown Butter & Sour Cream Cornbread
Nutty brown butter and tangy sour cream give this rich, moist cornbread different dimensions of flavor than cornbread out of the box.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups stone-ground cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
Adapted from relish.com
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, swirling often until lightly browned and nutty, about 4 minutes. Pour into a medium bowl, and set aside to cool.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Rub an 8-inch cast-iron skillet with the oil; place in oven to heat.
In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add eggs, honey, and sour cream, to cooled butter, whisking well. Pour into dry ingredients, and stir just to combine, taking care not to over-mix. Pour batter into skillet. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool in skillet 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Potato Broccoli Cheese... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket French... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Crushed Cheesy Potatoes 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Eggnog Latte 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Pecan Pie Bars 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Corn Souffle 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Corned Beef and Vegetables -... 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Best Homemade Hot Dog Buns-- In An... 4.3/5 (41 Votes)