Daniel Boulud's Corn Mary Cocktail
Don't let the corn throw you this is a fabulous coctail, one of the best Bloody Marys I've ever had. I used heirloom pineapple tomatoes which gave the mix a pinkish cast. A true yellow tomato may make a prettier drink just make sure it has the flavor or you may have to add the sugar as the recipe calls for, I omitted it.
- Corny Mary Mix
- (Makes 1 pint or 4 portions)
- 2 cups corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 3 large (1 1/2 lbs) ripe yellow tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sugar (I omitted the sugar and added salt to taste)
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- (Makes 1)
- 4 oz Corny Mary mix (above)
- 2 oz vodka
- 2 dashes tabasco
- 2 tsp fresh grated horseradish
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce pickle brine
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground cumin
Corny Mary Mix
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients over medium heat. Simmer until corn is tender.
Transfer mixture to a blender and puree until smooth.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake all ingredients together until well chilled. Strain over a tall glass filled with ice cubes.