Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers
These Slow-Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers are super simple to make, each one is practically a self contained meal, with plenty of healthy protein, vitamins, and juicy, savory flavor!
- 6 large bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked (any kind of rice will work)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cup cheese, shredded & divided
- 1/4 cup water (to put on the bottom of the slow cooker)
Cut off each top of the peppers and scrape out the seeds and membranes. Set aside.
Combine ground beef, onion, diced tomatoes, rice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of cheese. Stuff each bell pepper with mixture. Put water in the bottom of slow cooker.
Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours until peppers are tender and ground beef is cooked throughout.
About 15 minutes before serving, sprinkle remaining cheese and let it melt.