These Zucchini Muffins are packed with healthy vegetables and walnut, perfect for a quick breakfast or snack -- or to use up all of your zucchini in your yard!
- 3 cups grated fresh zucchini
- 2/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup walnuts, optional
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries, optional
You don't need a mixer for this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
In a large bowl combine the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the grated zucchini and then the melted butter.
In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Stir these dry ingredients into the zucchini mixture. Stir in walnuts, raisins or cranberries if using.
Coat each muffin cup in your muffin pan with a little butter or vegetable oil spray. Use a spoon to distribute the muffin dough equally among the cups, filling the cups up completely.
Bake on the middle rack until muffins are golden brown, and the top of the muffins bounce back when you press on them, about 25 to 30 minutes. Test with a long toothpick or a thin bamboo skewer to make sure the center of the muffins are done.
Set on wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from the tin let cool another 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Roasted Mushrooms with Parmesan... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- BLUEBERRY BREAKFAST BAKE 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Orange Marmalade Cornmeal Muffins 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Ranch Chicken & Potatoes Casserole 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Cinnamon... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Zucchini Cakes 4.6/5 (10 Votes)