Preserved Lemon & Pomegranate Winter Salad
Winter salad made with lemons you easily preserve yourself. The lemons brighten up the dish and add a nice citrus flavor.
- QUICK REFRIGERATOR PRESERVED LEMONS (1 1/2 CUPS):
- 3 lemons, scrubbed and very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup large-crystal kosher salt, such as David’s
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- PRESERVED LEMON & POMEGRANATE WINTER SALAD:
- 6 ounces (8-cups) baby arugula
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 3 preserved lemon slices (recipe below), chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 735mins
Combine lemons and salt in a large nonreactive bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 12 and up to 24 hours. Uncover, then pour olive oil over lemons. Lemons keep, refrigerated, up to 2 weeks.
Combine the arugula, pomegranate seeds, almonds, and preserved lemons in a salad bowl. Add the olive oil and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with Kubaneh.
You'll also love
- Almond Milk Rice Pudding 4/5 (139 Votes)
- 7-Layer Salad 4.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Collard & Mustard Greens with Bacon 4.2/5 (78 Votes)
- Mom's Best Marshmallow & Coconut... 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Christmas Cranberry Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Olive Oil-Poached Cod with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Ratatouille Skillet Eggs 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with... 4/5 (1 Votes)