Ratatouille Skillet Eggs
This delicious Ratatouille Skillet Eggs recipe is perfect for brunch.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, chopped (white and green parts separated)
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow squash, chopped
- 1 small or 1/2 large eggplant, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (15 -ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 -ounce) can cannellini beans, do not drain
- 1 cup torn fresh basil
- 8 large eggs
- 4 large baguette slices
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallion whites, zucchini, eggplant and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until the garlic is softened, about 1 more minute.
Stir the tomatoes, beans (and their liquid) and 1/2 cup basil into the skillet and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, 6 to 8 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium low to maintain a gentle simmer. Make 8 wells in the sauce and crack 1 egg into each well; season each with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and top with the scallion greens and the remaining 1/2 cup basil. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Serve with the baguette.
Photograph by Ryan Dausch
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (672 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.5/5 (448 Votes)