Chocolate Chunk Almond Brownies
Love Almond Joys? These brownies have almonds and coconut in them, and then an Almond Joy frosting, with more almonds and coconut on top! They won't last long!
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Hershey's™ Chocolate Chunk cookie mix
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Peter Paul™ Almond Joy™ frosting
- 2 tablespoons coconut
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square pan with cooking spary.
In medium bowl, mix cookie mix and cocoa. Stir in butter, water and almond extract just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in 1/3 cup of the almonds. Spread into pan.
Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge of pan comes out clean and center feels just set when lightly touched in center; do not overbake. Cool completely. Frost with frosting; sprinkle with remaining almonds and coconut, press in gently.
Makes 16 brownies.