The Best Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Yummy, creamy, and full of flavor. The Best Spinach & Artichoke Dip recipe, this will be a family favorite.
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups coarsely chopped artichoke hearts*
- 1 (9 to 10- ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 cup Italian 4-Cheese Shred**
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from stripedspatula.com
Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Lightly coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray (I usually use an 8-inch pan). Set aside.
Cook spinach according to package directions and drain well in a fine-mesh sieve, or by squeezing in a kitchen towel. Set aside.
In a large bowl with a hand mixer, or using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmigiano Reggiano, Italian 4-Cheese Shred, garlic, and garlic salt until well combined.
Add artichoke hearts, spinach, and basil to the cream cheese mixture. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spread dip into prepared baking pan and top with mozzarella. Bake for 25 minutes, or until center is hot and cheese is bubbly. If desired, place the baked dip under the broiler to further brown and crisp the cheese, being sure to watch closely (it goes fast!).
Serve hot with bread cubes, lightly-salted (or unsalted) tortilla chips, crackers, crostini, or crudités.
*I use 2 (14-ounce) cans of artichoke hearts (not marinated; rinsed and drained) OR enough frozen artichoke hearts, cooked according to package directions, to equal roughly 2 cups chopped (I use one, 12 ounce bag). Whether using canned or frozen, remove and discard any tough outer leaves before chopping.
**The 4-Cheese Shred I use from the gourmet cheese case at my grocery store contains Fontina, Provolone, Parmesan, and Asiago.
You'll also love
- Country Ranch Green Beans ‘n... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Root Beer Baked Beans with Bacon 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Icebox Cake 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Vanilla Sponge Cake 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken & Potato Chowder 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- White Bean Burgers with Spinach 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs with Shallots and... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Sweet Potato, Corn, and Kale... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe