Chili and Lime Mahi Mahi Salad
- 2 mahi mahi fillets (about 1/2 lb each)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- kosher salt
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Move oven rack to top half of oven (as high as you can get in your oven and still fit your cast iron skillet). Place skillet on oven rack and preheat oven to 425 to heat pan and oven. Let pan heat for at least 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, place mahi mahi fillets on a plate with paper towels to dry fillets as much as possible. The dryer the fish, the better crust you'll get. Season with salt and chili powder to taste.
Remove hot pan and place on stove over medium-high heat. Melt butter in pan and add fillets flesh side down to brown. Let brown 2 minutes. Flip fillets and return skillet to oven. Let back until cooked through (about 7 minutes).
While fillets cook, combine lime juice, olive oil, salt, chili powder, and honey in a mason jar. Close with lid and shake vigorously until combined.
Remove fillets from oven and serve over lettuce and drizzle with dressing.
You'll also love
- Roast Duck with Apple Raisin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- One-Pot Cheesy Italian Pasta and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ozark Mountain Berry Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Doone’s Clam Chowder ala Ivar’s 0/5 (0 Votes)
- HONEY GARLIC BUTTER SALMON IN FOIL 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna Salad with Hard-Cooked Eggs,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Italian Lemon Cookies (Anginetti) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CREAM CHEESE LEMONADE PIE 0/5 (0 Votes)