Jellied Cranberry Sauce
Skip the canned stuff and try this fresh (and easy) cranberry sauce for your Thanksgiving dinner. You'll be amazed at how flavorful it is. Our cranberry sauce pairs perfectly with turkey and is one leftover you won't mind having in the refrigerator.
- 1 pound cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups water
- 2 to 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- Zest of 1 orange
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Rinse your cranberries, removing any soft or misshapen berries.
In a heavy saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Break the cinnamon sticks in half and add to the water.
Add all the cranberries and bring to a low boil. Cook for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
Remove the cinnamon sticks and set aside. Allow the cranberry mixture to cool slightly. Pass the berries through a food mill with a fine disc.
Return the sieved mixture and the cinnamon sticks to the saucepan. Add sugar, a pinch of salt and orange zest. Return to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. If the mixture has any foam on top, skim it off with a spoon or ladle.
Remove cinnamon pieces and pour mixture into a decorative glass bowl.
Allow to cool in the refrigerator for several hours until set.
You'll also love
- Sausage & Spinach Skillet Pizza 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Crab Enchiladas with Green Mole 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Chocolate Chunk Almond Brownies 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Steamed Pork Belly Dumplings with... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Beef and Eggplant Casserole 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked 2-Cheese & Bacon Grits 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Citrus Mashed Plantains 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake 4.6/5 (5 Votes)