Easy Cranberry Sauce
This cranberry sauce recipe is so easy and delicious that you’ll never open another can of cranberry sauce again!
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries (Ocean Spray)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Sort through berries and remove any stems and blemished berries (brown or mushy ones). Rinse with water and drain well in a colander.
Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan over medium/medium heat, bring water, sugar, and salt to a boil; then let boil for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
Stir in the cranberries and bring back to a boil; continue boiling 5 to 6 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, or until berries "pop". (It's important that they “pop” to release the natural pectin which thickens the sauce.)
For a different flavor twist, after the sauce has finished cooking, stir in 1 tablespoon grated orange zest, 1 finely minced fresh jalapeno pepper (remove seeds first), or 2-3 tablespoons peach or pineapple preserves.
Pour sauce into a serving dish and cool to room temperature or refrigerate until chilled, then serve.
Cover leftovers and store in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- K's Slow Cooker Collard Greens 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Cherry Tomato Vinaigrette 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Foil Pack Chocolate Marshmallow... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Super Green Juice 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Rose Levy Beranbaum's Fresh... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Roasted Corned Beef with a Bourbon... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Butternut... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)