Soba Noodles with Shrimp, Snow Peas, and Carrots
Jun 6, 2007
Forget takeout – this quick Asian noodle salad packs all of the flavor and a fraction of the fat of its restaurant counterpart.
- 1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp. peeled grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1 tsp. Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 package soba noodles
- 1/2 bag shredded or matchstick carrots
- 1 lb. large shrimp
- 4 oz. snow peas
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro leaves
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from goodhousekeeping.com
1 In small bowl, place peanut butter, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and cayenne pepper sauce; set aside.
2 Heat covered 5- to 6-quart saucepot of water and 1 teaspoon salt to boiling over high heat. Add noodles and cook 4 minutes. Add carrots and cook 1 minute. Add shrimp and snow peas and cook 2 minutes more. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Drain noodles, shrimp, and vegetables into large colander. Transfer noodle mixture to large bowl.
3 With whisk, beat reserved cooking water into peanut-butter mixture until well blended. Add peanut sauce and chopped cilantro leaves to noodle mixture in bowl and toss until evenly coated.
4 To serve, spoon into 4 large bowls; garnish each serving with a cilantro sprig.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Applesauce 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Sage Butter & Pumpkin Risotto 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Broccoli Apple Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Tuna Bites 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Skillet Pasta with Chicken... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Greek Shrimp With Tomatoes... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Southern Shrimp and Grits 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Seared Salmon with Pesto... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)