Skillet Pasta with Chicken Sausages and a Creamy Roasted Green Pepper Sauce
- 3 green bell peppers, one diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lime
- 1 package (of 4) chicken sausages (flavor up to you!), cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 pound rotini pasta
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Place two peppers on a small baking sheet and broil until charred and black all over, rotating for even roasting. Place in a plastic bag and let steam for 10 minutes. Remove the skins, stem and seeds.
Place roasted peppers in a food processor along with the heavy cream and a good squeeze of lime juice, a pinch of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and combined and you want to punch it.
Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
Sauté the chicken sausages in a large skillet over medium-high, until browned all over. Add the diced peppers and sauté another minute.
Add the cream sauce and simmer on low for a couple of minutes.
Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss to combine. Sprinkle the mozzarella on top and slide the skillet back under the broiler until the cheese is browned and bubbly, maybe 4 minutes. DON’T LEAVE IT.
You'll also love
- Baked Greek Shrimp With Tomatoes... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Orange Crush Cake 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Cheddar Bacon Pancakes 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Lamb & Cucumber Salad Pitas 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cajun Bacon Tuna Pasta Bake 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Roasted Pepper with Beans and... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Sopa de Fubà (Collard Greens,... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)