Sweet Ginger Snow Pea Pods
When you get really fresh farmers’ market sugar pea pods, you can eat them raw, and it’s like eating sweet candy! Cooking them ever so gently and with a few spices and a little something extra, cherry tomatoes, makes the sugars and flavors burst forth! While we might think this delectable veggie is mostly with Asian food, it can fit in anywhere with anything at anytime! Now, you could really get fancy and make an entire meal from this by simply pan searing some beef, chicken or pork, slicing it at an angle and thinly. And, if you really want some more carbs, then add some rice!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups fresh snow pea pods
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ‘Simply Asia’ Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning (available in most grocery stores)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
Adapted from allyskitchen.com
In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and sugar pea pods, soy sauce, drizzle on the honey. seasoning, and ginger. Toss and coat. Cover with a lid and let them cook about 5 minutes tossing once or twice.
Reduce heat to simmer and let them cook another 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes and toss. Ready to serve!
You'll also love
- Seafood Meatball Bánh mì 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Chipotle Bacon Avocado Burger 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Fusilli Carbonara with Frisee and... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Cannellini Bean & Dill Hummus 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Skillet Black Beans with Potatoes... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Reboot - Meal - Steamed Snow Peas,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe