Beef Cabbage Casserole
Easy to make beef and cabbage casserole is a perfect weeknight dinner. Serve with some Monterey Jack cheese to sprinkle on top.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato sauce, or crushed tomatoes
- 3 1/2 pound head cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (14-ounce) cans beef broth
- Monterey jack cheese, for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 105mins
Adapted from yummyhealthyeasy.com
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9x13" pan (or two smaller dishes) with cooking spray.
Brown beef and soften onion in a saucepan on the stovetop. Drain if needed. Dump into a large bowl.
Add tomato sauce, cabbage, rice, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir together and pour into prepared pan(s). Pour beef broth over the top of casserole. Do not stir.
Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
Take off foil, stir, recover with foil and cook an additional 30 minutes, or until rice and cabbage are tender.
Serve as is or with a sprinkling of Monterey Jack cheese on top! Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Corned Beef and Vegetables -... 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Thai Garlic Pepper Chicken 3.8/5 (86 Votes)
- Teriyaki Sesame Chicken 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Mushroom Marsala Gnocchi 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Banana Nut Bread 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Sunday Gravy,... 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Skillet Raspberry Crumb Bars... 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Spinach Tortellini Soup 4.2/5 (17 Votes)