Teriyaki Sesame Chicken
By Sharon T
Marinating the chicken overnight in a homemade teriyaki sauce infuses it with a wonderful flavor everyone loves.
Make it 1:1:1: Serve with a carb, such as 1 cup of jasmine or brown rice. 1:1:1 Accelerated option: For dinner, serve with sautéed vegetables such as zucchini, squash, or bok choy.
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar or honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 520mins
Adapted from oneoneone.com
In a large zip-top bag, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, water, sesame oil, sugar or honey, garlic, and ginger. Add the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight, flipping a few times.
Remove the chicken and set aside. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the marinade to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook until reduced slightly, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a dry skillet over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds, shaking the skillet occasionally until they become browned and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
Coat a large skillet or cast iron grill pan with cooking spray and set it over high heat. Add the chicken and cook until the meat is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Baste the chicken with the reduced marinade. Cook for another 3 minutes.
Remove from the heat. Garnish with the chopped scallions and toasted sesame seeds, season with pepper, and serve.
You'll also love
- Copycat KFC Chicken Pot Pie 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Baked Firecracker Chicken Tenders 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Asian Zucchini Noodle Stir-Fry... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Grilled Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken... 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Thai Chicken 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Peachy Keen Chicken 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Take-In Chicken Egg Rolls 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Leeann Chin Sesame Chicken 3.9/5 (24 Votes)