Grilled Maple Syrup Teriyaki Chicken with Brown Rice
- 3 tbs light tamari sauce or low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs ginger, fresh, grated
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Sriracha hot chilli sauce or other hot sauce
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup long grain brown rice, dry
- 2 cup water
- 8 cups arugula
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, sliced
Make marinade by adding tamari, maple syrup, sesame oil, minced garlic, grated ginger, pepper and Sriracha sauce to a bowl.
Place skinless chicken thighs in large plastic ziplock bag. Add marinade. Mix with hands on outside of bag to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour, and preferably overnight.
Put the rice on to cook to cook 20 minutes before you are ready to grill the chicken.
Preheat grill over medium high heat. Remove chicken from bag and place on top shelf of bbq. Close lid and grill 8-10 minutes on each side, or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165F Cooking time will vary based on the size of thigh pieces. Remove from grill and slice grilled chicken into long strips. Set aside.
To serve place arugula around perimeter of dinner plate or serving platter. Place hot brown rice in middle and top with grilled teriyaki chicken. Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onion.tyre
You'll also love
- Gooey Good Chicken Breasts 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs with Tomato, Orzo,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skillet Creole Chicken Fricassee 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Irish Chicken Pot Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Fajita... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Quesadillas on George... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lightened-Up Buffalo Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Black Bean Filling for... 0/5 (0 Votes)