Skillet Creole Chicken Fricassee
We wanted a quick chicken fricassee flavored with sausage and Creole seasoning that was both delicious and perfect for a quick weeknight meal. Our Skillet Creole Chicken Fricassee recipe is all of those things—it cooks in less than 30 minutes and uses only one dish
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( about 1.5 pounds ), halved crosswise
- 3 tsp Creole seasoning
- 8 ounces chicken andouille sausage, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning. Cook sausage in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausage to paper towel-lined plate, leaving fat in skillet. Cook chicken in sausage fat until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate with sausage.
2. Add oil, onion, celery, and pepper to now-empty skillet and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in flour and remaining teaspoon Creole seasoning and cook until flour begins to brown, about 1 minute.
3. Slowly stir in broth until smooth. Return chicken and sausage to skillet. Cover and simmer until chicken registers 160 degrees, about 10 minutes. Serve.
You'll also love
- Irish Chicken Pot Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Enchilada Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Stew with Mushrooms and Penne... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Fajita... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easier Chicken Cacciatore 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya 0/5 (0 Votes)
- "Crawfish Boil" Fried Chicken 2/5 (3 Votes)