Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
This chicken and dumplings recipe is super easy, and perfect when you need a hearty and comforting dinner.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, herbed if you can find it
- 3 teaspoons of chicken granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt or more to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from theshadyporch.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Layer 1: In a 9x13-inch casserole dish, melt 1/2 stick of butter. Spread shredded chicken over butter. Sprinkle black pepper and dried sage over this layer. Do not stir.
Layer 2: In a small bowl, mix milk and Bisquick. Slowly pour all over chicken. Do not stir.
Layer 3: In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of chicken broth, chicken granules and soup. Once blended, slowly pour over the Bisquick layer. Do not stir.
Bake casserole for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown
There have been at least 2 people that have made this and said it was too salty. You may either want to cut back on the salt or not use salt altogether.
You'll also love
- Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Breasts 4.5/5 (98 Votes)
- Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken... 4/5 (151 Votes)
- Easiest Ever Chicken and Dumplings 3.9/5 (192 Votes)
- Taco Casserole 4/5 (140 Votes)
- Chicken Broccoli Rice & Cheese... 4.4/5 (90 Votes)
- Weight Watcher's Southern-Style... 4.3/5 (85 Votes)
- Chicken & Dumpling Casserole 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Super Easy Chicken... 4.7/5 (26 Votes)