Easiest Ever Chicken and Dumplings
You'll love this quick and easy cheater version of a true Southern classic. This shortcut version uses flour tortillas for dumplings.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) package refrigerated Azteca burrito size flour tortillas, cut into 2- to 3-inch strips
- 8 cups chicken broth
- Chicken bouillon or 'Better Than Bouillon' chicken base, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Dash garlic salt
- Dash poultry seasoning, optional
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
Cooking time 25mins
Bring the broth and desired seasonings (bouillon, salt, pepper, garlic salt, poultry seasoning) to a boil in a large (preferably non-stick) pot over medium-high heat.
Drop the tortilla strips, one at a time, into the boiling broth, gently pushing them down to the bottom. Resist the urge to stir as they are fragile and will fall apart if stirred too much. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or to your liking, lightly shaking the pot occasionally to move them around. Remove from heat and gently stir in the butter, milk, and cooked chicken.
Refrigerate leftovers. Reheat in the microwave, adding a dab of milk, if needed.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Lasagna 4.5/5 (94 Votes)
- Chinese Honey Chicken 4.2/5 (217 Votes)
- Chilli Rellenos 4.2/5 (156 Votes)
- Easy Orange Chicken Vegetable... 4.4/5 (98 Votes)
- Party-Friendly Mexican Chicken... 4.5/5 (96 Votes)
- Avocado Chicken Enchiladas 4.4/5 (84 Votes)
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings 4.4/5 (60 Votes)
- Chicken & Dumplings 4.4/5 (58 Votes)