- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 large leeks (1 lb./450 g), white parts only, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 lb. (900 g)
- baking potatoes (about 4), peeled, cubed 5 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tub (250 g) Philadelphia Light Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
HEAT oil in Dutch oven on medium heat. Add leeks; cook 5 min. or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes, water, salt and pepper; cover. Bring to boil; simmer on medium-low heat 15 to 20 min. or until potatoes are tender. Cool 10 min.
BLEND leek mixture, in batches, in blender until smooth. Return to pan. Add cream cheese spread, a tablespoonful at a time; cook on medium heat until completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring constantly.
ADD milk; cook 2 to 3 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Top with bacon.
You'll also love
- Twice Baked Sweet Potato 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sausage & Exotic Mushroom Stuffing 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Country Potato-and-Cabbage Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Leek, Chicken & Feta-Stuffed Pitas 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Margaritas 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Squash Soup in Pumpkin Bowls 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pigs in a Cornfield 4.9/5 (8 Votes)