Roasted Asparagus With Goat Cheese And Bacon
- 6 bacon slices
- 2 pounds medium asparagus tough ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 1/2 ounce soft fresh goat cheese log - (to 4 oz) crumbled
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp. Transfer to paper towels and drain. Crumble bacon; set aside.
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 500 degrees. Arrange asparagus on large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil and turn asparagus to coat well. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast asparagus until crisp-tender when pierced with knife, about 7 minutes.
Arrange asparagus in single layer on platter. Sprinkle with goat cheese, then bacon. Drizzle with lemon juice and remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle grated lemon peel over. (Can be prepared 1 hour ahead. Cover with plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature.)
This recipe yields 6 servings.