Chickpea Pancakes with Leeks, Squash, and Yogurt
Try this delicious Chickpea Pancakes with Leeks, Squash, and Yogurt recipe!
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium leek, white and pale-green parts only, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated peeled squash (such as butternut or kabocha)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet, preferably nonstick, over medium-high. Add leek, season with kosher salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until leek is softened and starting to brown, about 4 minutes. Add squash and season again. Cook, stirring often, until squash is cooked through and softened, about 4 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a plate and let cool. Wipe out skillet and reserve.
Meanwhile, whisk egg, chickpea flour, baking powder, 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, and ½ cup water in a medium bowl; season with pepper and let sit 5 minutes for flour to hydrate. Stir vegetables into batter just to coat.
Heat 1½ tablespoon oil in reserved skillet over medium-high. Add batter by the ¼-cupful to make 4 pancakes, gently flattening to about ¼” thick. Batter should spread easily—if it doesn’t, thin with a little water. Cook until bottoms are lightly browned and bubbles form on top, about 4 minutes. Use a spatula to carefully flip pancakes over and cook until browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate and tent with a sheet of foil to keep warm. Repeat with another 1½ tablespoon oil and remaining batter. Serve pancakes topped with yogurt, parsley, sea salt, and pepper.
Leek and squash can be cooked 2 days ahead; cover and chill. Batter can be made 1 day ahead; cover and chill.
You'll also love
- Eggplant Jambalaya 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Rosemary Lamb Kofte With Creamed... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini Pasta 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork & Pinto Stew 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Simple Squash Salad 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Black Bean & Quino Veggie Burgers 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Creamed Corn with Bacon and Leeks 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Roasted Chickpeas 4.8/5 (8 Votes)