Grilled Chicken Skewers with Asian Pear Slaw
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (such as Savoy)
- 1 cup julienne-cut daikon radish
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut carrot
- 1/2 cup shaved red onion
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 3/4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 cup julienne-cut Asian pear or Granny Smith apple
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. To prepare skewers, whisk together first 6 ingredients in a bowl; pour into a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag. Refrigerate at least 1 hour (or up to 12 hours), turning bag occasionally.
2. To prepare slaw, combine cabbage and next 9 ingredients in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes. Stir in pear.
3. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Thread 1 tender onto each of 8 (8-inch) skewers. Add to grill; grill 4 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with slaw.