Quick Ramen with Carrots, Zucchini & Bok Choy
- 1 ounce dried mushrooms (preferably shiitake or porcini)
- Kosher salt
- 16 ounces fresh or 10 ounces dried ramen noodles
- 2 small heads baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil, plus more
- 1 pound ground pork, beef or chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, divided
- 3 tablespoons white or yellow miso paste
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken, beef or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha, plus more for serving
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4 large soft-boiled eggs (optional)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped basil
Adapted from epicurious.com
Place mushrooms in a medium bowl and cover with hot water. Let sit until ready to use.
Pour 10 cups hot water into a medium pot. Season generously with salt, cover, and bring to a boil. Cook noodles according to package directions, adding bok choy during the last minute of cooking. Drain noodles and bok choy; rinse with cold water.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot over high. Add ground meat, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring and breaking up meat slightly, 3 minutes. Add half of the scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is just cooked through, about 3 minutes more. Add miso and cook, stirring, until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Stir in broth, soy sauce, and 2 teaspoons Sriracha.
Drain and slice mushrooms; add to pot. Cover and bring to a low boil. Uncover pot, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
Meanwhile, using a mandoline or the large holes on a box grater, coarsely grate carrot and zucchini until you have 1 1/2 cups each. Divide noodles, bok choy, carrot, and zucchini among bowls. Top evenly with soup, eggs, if using, basil, and remaining scallions. Serve with additional sesame oil and Sriracha for drizzling alongside.
You'll also love
- Skinny Avocado Pizza 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Leg of Lamb, Sweet and Sour... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Red Cabbage Salad with Cranberries 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- HIDDEN VALLEY PARMESAN-RANCH... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Cinnamon Zucchini Cake with Cream... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Casserole-Baked Halibut with Leeks... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Bok Choy Stir-Fry 4.5/5 (19 Votes)