Leg of Lamb, Sweet and Sour Cabbage, Rosemary Noodles, Squash, Asparagus, Strawberries & Blackberries
A full elegant meal of rich slow-cooked leg of lamb, bright cabbage, savory rosemary noodles, sweet squash, and crisp, tender asparagus.
- 5 pounds organic boneless leg of lamb
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried organic mint
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 1 head organic green cabbage
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cups organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cups organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dill seed
- 2 ounces organic salt pork, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup organic white flour
- 1 package extra wide egg noodles
- 2 sticks organic grass fed butter
- 2 sprigs organic Rosemary, remove stem
- 1 cup organic gluten free bread crumb
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
- 1 large organic butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons organic grass fed butter
- 1 tablespoon organic light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 1 bunch organic asparagus
- 1 quart organic strawberries, rinsed, trimmed and quartered
- 1 pint organic blackberries, rinsed
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 520mins
Add lamb and water to slow cooker. Season with mint, rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook in slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
Core cabbage. Cut in half and chop. Put in large pot. Add water, sugar, vinegar and dill seed. Bring to a boil.
Pre-heat a small frying pan on high. Add salt pork and fry until a 1/2 inch of oil is on the bottom of the pan. Remove and discard pork. Slowly add the flour and mix thoroughly with a fork. Lower to medium and cook until thickens and browns.
Carefully add roux to the cabbage. Stir.
Continue to boil for about another 45 minutes until liquid reduced by half and cabbage is tender.
Season with salt and pepper.
Boil noodles in a large pot for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
In a large frying pan, melt the butter. Add rosemary, bread crumb, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook on high for 5 minutes. Lower heat to low. Add noodles. Mix.
Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Place the squash face up on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap. Cook in microwave for 20 minutes.
In a serving bowl, scoop out squash and add butter, sugar and syrup. Mix well.
Cut off ends. Rinse. Place on plate and cover with another plate. Microwave for 5 minutes. Be careful removing plate. It will be very hot.
You'll also love
- Sweet and Sour Sausage 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Tuna Pizza 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Red Cabbage Salad with Cranberries 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Spring Salad with Ginger Peach Tea... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Breaded Eggplant Stacks 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Beefy Slow-Cooker Pot Pie 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Lamb "Burritos" 4.8/5 (9 Votes)