Casserole-Baked Halibut with Leeks and Carrots
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound baby carrots or large carrots cut into 4-by-1/2-inch sticks
- 6 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced crosswise
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 7 thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves, preferably fresh
- Four 6-ounce skinless halibut fillets, about 1 inch thick
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large, deep, ovenproof skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the carrots and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until lightly golden, about 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water, cover and cook over moderate heat until the carrots are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add the leeks and another 1/2 cup of water, then cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the leeks begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Season the carrots and leeks with salt and white pepper and add the thyme and bay leaves to the skillet.
Season the fish with salt and white pepper and arrange on top of the vegetables. Drizzle the fish with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Cover the fish with parchment paper and close the skillet with a heavy lid.
Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake the fish for 15 minutes, or until just cooked through. Discard the herbs. Transfer the fish to plates, spoon the vegetables and juices alongside and serve right away.
You'll also love
- Lemon Cake with Whipping Cream... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- English Muffin & Asparagus Bake 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Shrimp Toasts 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Pasta 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Crumb Topped Apple and Pumpkin Pie 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Shrimp Fried Rice 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Cedar plank salmon with basil aioli 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Sweet Corn Zabaglione Halibut 4.8/5 (8 Votes)