Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken Salad
Fresh and healthy, this Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken Salad is fun of fresh spices and ingredients. You can marinate the chicken ahead of time, and put dinner on the table quickly.
- MARINADE & DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon, about 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked pepper, to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets (or chicken breasts), about 1 pound
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives (or black olives), sliced
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 65mins
Whisk together all of the marinade/dressing ingredients in a large container. Pour out half of the marinade into a large, shallow dish or into a large ziplock bag. Refrigerate the remaining marinade to use as the dressing later.
Add the chicken to the marinade in the bowl or bag. Marinade chicken for 15 to 30 minutes, or up to two hours in the refrigerator if time allows.
Before cooking the chicken, prepare all of the salad ingredients and mix in a large salad bowl.
Once chicken is ready, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a grill pan or over medium-high heat. Grill chicken on both sides until browned and completely cooked through.
Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes; slice and arrange over salad. Drizzle salad with the remaining dressing. Serve with lemon wedges.
You'll also love
- Easy Chicken Florentine... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Breaded Chicken with Vinegar... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Cashew Chicken - Pioneer Woman 3.2/5 (77 Votes)
- Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken... 3.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Lemon-Almond Butter Cake 3.8/5 (25 Votes)
- Cranberry Apple Jello Salad 3.8/5 (47 Votes)
- Lemon-Basil Granita 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Papaya and Coconut Chicken Salad 4/5 (4 Votes)