- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup slivered fresh basil
- 2 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 TBS lemon juice
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. In medium sauce pan bring water and sugar to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat; cool slightly (about 20 minutes). Add basil and let stand 30 minutes more. Pour through a fine mesh sieve; discard basil. Stir lemon peel and juice into syrup. Pour into a shallow baking dish. Cover; freeze 2 hours (edges should be firm and center almost firm).
2. Transfer mixture, half at a time, to blender. Cover; blend until slushy, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Spoon back into dish, spreading evenly. Cover; freeze 2 hours more or until firm.
3. To serve, scrape across surface of mixture with a small ice cream scoop. Place scoops in small dishes. Top with lemon slices, fresh mint leaves, and/or edible flowers.
Makes 6 servings. Each serving = 4 Weight Watchers points.