Easy Chicken Florentine (Campbell's)
Tender, boneless chicken breasts are topped with a savory combination featuring sautéed onion, portobello mushroom soup and fresh baby spinach. Serve it over your favorite pasta for a hearty and delicious dish that is on the table in just 30 minutes!
- 1 3/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced (about 1 cup)
- 1 carton (14.5 ounces) Campbell's® Savory Portobello Mushroom Soup
- 6 ounces (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from campbellskitchen.com
1. Season the chicken as desired. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes or until browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
2. Add the onion to the skillet and cook until the onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the soup and heat to a boil. Stir in the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
3. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Season to taste. Sprinkle with the cheese.