Breaded Chicken with Vinegar Peppers
This delicious Breaded Chicken with Vinegar Peppers recipe is from The Kitchen Boss. Episode 3- Old Family Favorites. Enjoy!
- 3 pounds chicken legs and thighs, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 large jar sweet vinegar peppers*
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (see recipe)
- Olive oil
Adapted from recipes.howstuffworks.com
Preheat oven to 400° with center rack.
Skin and trim fat from chicken pieces. Anna then further cleans her chicken by rubbing them with kosher salt and some white vinegar, rinsing well with cold water and patting dry thoroughly. Heat a 12" skillet over medium heat. In a bowl, beat the eggs with the parmesan. Place the breadcrumbs in a pie plate.
Pour enough olive oil to come 1/4" the inside of the skillet. Heat until hot but not smoking – a gentle med-high. Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl, then coat in the breadcrumbs. Lay the chicken in the hot oil, allowing to become golden brown on each side -- you won’t need to cook through as the chicken will cook further in the oven.
Place the chicken in a Pyrex or other baking dish, large enough to accommodate the chicken pieces in one layer without touching -- 9" x 13" or similar. Pour the liquid from the vinegar peppers over the chicken and bake 10 minutes. Remove chicken and add the peppers, tucking in and around the pieces of chicken. Return to the oven, reduce heat to 350° and bake until the chicken is cooked and juices run clear, about 30 minutes longer. (Anna said she cooks a full hour but I think that is too long.)
Serve chicken plated with peppers and pan juices.
You'll also love
- Cashew Chicken - Pioneer Woman 3.2/5 (79 Votes)
- Chicken In White Wine-Yogurt Sauce 3.8/5 (23 Votes)
- Stir Fried Chicken with Carrots... 3.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Moist & Juicy Baked Chicken Breasts 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Crispy Baked Chicken Leg Quarters 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Oven Fried Chicken (Weight... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Donna Giblin's Artichoke Chicken 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Blu 0/5 (0 Votes)