Cashew Chicken - Pioneer Woman
No need to order out with this recipe. Enjoy this Cashew Chicken dinner from the comfort of your own home and it tastes better than any restaurant can serve up.
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into small cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup whole roasted, unsalted cashews
- 1/3 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
In a bowl, combine the vinegar, brown sugar, oyster sauce, sesame oil, 1/4 cup of the soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of the ginger. Set aside.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and saute until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
In the same skillet, stir-fry the garlic, bell peppers and remaining 2 tablespoons ginger, keeping them crisp-tender.
Deglaze the skillet with the sherry and scrape up any brown bits. Add the reserved soy mixture and cook until the mixture boils, about 1 minute. Whisk together the cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup soy in a small bowl, then stir the slurry into the skillet. Add the cashews and water chestnuts. Add 1/4 cup water to thin the sauce. Cook for another minute.
Serve garnished with the scallions and cilantro.
You'll also love
- Chicken In White Wine-Yogurt Sauce 3.8/5 (35 Votes)
- Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken... 3.6/5 (12 Votes)
- BBQ Chicken Kabobs 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken Pad Thai Zoodle Bowls 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Hattie B's Hot Chicken 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Yellow Fried Chicken Larasa 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pecan Sweet Potato Pound Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Vegan Pound Cake 3.9/5 (13 Votes)