Papaya and Coconut Chicken Salad
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 medium papaya (12 oz.)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 5 ounce package mixed salad greens
- 3/4 cup blueberries
Adapted from bhg.com
Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside. Cut chicken in strips; season with 1/2 tsp. salt. Place coconut in shallow dish. Roll chicken in coconut to coat, pressing lightly to adhere. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake about 12 minutes or until coconut is golden and chicken is no longer pink.
Meanwhile, peel, seed, and cut papaya in cubes. For dressing, place 1/4 cup papaya cubes in blender or food processor; add vinegar, oil, honey, 1/4 tsp. salt, and cayenne. Process until smooth. Toss 1/4 cup dressing with greens; divide among 4 plates.
Top greens with chicken, remaining papaya, and blueberries. Pass remaining dressing. Makes 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Green Papaya Spring Rolls 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Papaya (or Mango) Bread 3.8/5 (174 Votes)
- Steamed Chicken Breast with wine,... 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Belizean Rice and Beans and Stewed... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Curry 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Three Bean Salad 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Low Carb Taco Salad 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Raspberry and Coconut Loaf Cake 3.7/5 (136 Votes)