Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken (Copycat)
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced on a bias
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped into 3/4 - 1 inch squares (look at the photo for reference)
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon chili vinegar*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper (grind fresh, you want the punch of the large, coarse black pepper here. If you use plain black pepper it will completely overpower the dish and ruin it.)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
Preparation time 30mins
Adapted from dinnerthendessert.com
Cut the chicken into one inch bites, and marinade with 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce, ½ tablespoon of the chili vinegar, cornstarch and the ground ginger for 30 minutes.
Using two tablespoons of canola oil, heat a wok on high.
When oil is hot and ripples as you move the pan, add the chicken.
Cook on high heat until browned.
Remove from the pan and add in the celery and onions with the remaining two tablespoons of canola oil.
Cook the veggies on high for 30-45 seconds.
You aren't looking to soften them, just to slightly cook them.
Add in the remaining two tablespoons of soy sauce, the remaining ½ tablespoon of chili vinegar, the cooked chicken and the black pepper.
Cook for 15 seconds to combine everything and and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Kalua-Style Pork 4/5 (8 Votes)
- Taco Tico Meat 4/5 (82 Votes)
- Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach & Bacon... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Avocado Lime Soup 3.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Cheap Chicken Curry 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken Pad Thai Zoodle Bowls 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Hattie B's Hot Chicken 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- El Pollo Loco Flame Broiled... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)