Garlic & Chicken Piccata
Keep the vampires away with this extra garlicky chicken piccata! This recipe is great for date night or as a nice family dinner!
- 1 head of garlic, peeled
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garlic
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut in half lengthwise
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Flour, for dredging
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from delish.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Prep roasted garlic: Slice off the top of the head of garlic (about 1/4-inch). Drizzle the cut side with olive oil and roast until soft and slightly golden, about 40 minutes. Let cool, then remove cloves and set aside.
Season chicken with salt and pepper and then lightly dredge in flour. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and 4 tablespoons of butter.
Cook chicken in batches until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside.
Make sauce: Deglaze the pan with white wine. Add lemon juice, chicken stock, and capers and stir. Add the roasted garlic and bring to boil. Season with salt and pepper.
Add chicken into the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes more. In the last minute, add remaining tablespoon of butter.
Serve chicken over pasta. Garnish with parsley.
You'll also love
- One- Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts Dijon 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Blueberry Scones Starbucks Copycat 4/5 (29 Votes)
- German Potato Salad 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Honey Lemon Chicken Lettuce Wraps 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Paleo Garlic Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (8 Votes)