Rosemary & Orange Roast Chicken
- 1 fresh whole chicken - 5-6 lbs.
- 2 sticks carrots - chopped
- 2 stalks celery - chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- S&P to taste
- 2 cups water
Preparation time 8mins
Cooking time 48mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large roasting pan, toss carrots and celery along with the chicken giblets.
In a small glass bowl, combine rosemary, olive oil, orange juice, garlic, oregano, salt & pepper. Whisk together and rub all over the chicken, under the skin and inside the cavity.
Sprinkle with more salt and pepper. Pour about 2 cups of water into the roasting pan and place in the oven.
Bake until the chicken is golden and juices run clear, approximately 40 minutes.
**NOTE: check periodically to make sure the broth has not evaporated. If necessary, add another 1-2 cups of water.
You'll also love
- Quick & Easy Chicken Noodle Soup 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Jalapeno Lime Chicken Soup 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Cheesy Oven-Baked Buffalo Chicken... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Cranberry & Orange Pavlovas 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Michael Symon’s Roasted Chicken... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- King Ranch Chicken 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- French Roast Chicken 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Butterflied Chicken with Rosemary,... 4/5 (11 Votes)