Flat Belly - Mediterranean Chicken and Orzo
From "Flat Belly Diet Cookbook", Enjoy!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz each)
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup orzo, preferably whole wheat
- 1 lemon, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 40 pitted kalamata olives, chopped (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Cooking time 35mins
1.) heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, for 6 minutes or until browned. Remove to a plate.
2.) Add the broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the orzo, lemon, and oregano. return the chicken to the skillet. reduce the heat to med-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes or until the orzo is tender and a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of the chicken registers 165 degree F.
3.) Stir in the olives, spinach, tomato, and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring, to heat through. Sprinkle with the cheese.
You'll also love
- Chicken with Grilled Veggies and... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Asparagus & Peppers with Roasted... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Sour cream Cheddar macaroni Salad 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Falafel-Crusted Chicken With... 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- French Roast Chicken 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Macaroni & Cheese 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Blackened Chicken Breast with... 4.1/5 (18 Votes)