Baked Chicken Parmesan
Cals 856 ; Fat 48g ; Sat Fat 20g
Protein 64g ; Carbs 38g ; Fiber 2g ; Chol 280mg
22 WW points
- 8 thin chicken cutlets (1 1/2 pounds total)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 24-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
1. Heat oven to 400º F. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
2. Place the flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls; in a third shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan. Coat the chicken with the flour, then dip in the eggs (letting any excess drip off), then coat with the bread crumb mixture, pressing gently to help it adhere.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in batches until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
4. Pour the marinara sauce into a large, shallow baking dish. Top with the chicken and mozzarella.
5. Bake until bubbling and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
You'll also love
- Traditional Italian Cream Cake 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Pork Carnitas 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Skinny Baked Lemon Dill Mahi Mahi 3.9/5 (53 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Mulligatawny... 4/5 (47 Votes)
- Falafel-Crusted Chicken With... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Southwest Marinated Grilled Chicken 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Easy Skillet Chicken Cacciatore 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Rustic Italian Chicken... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)