Falafel-Crusted Chicken With Hummus Slaw
This chicken pita dish is a delicious reimagining of the classic felafel pita. Serve as a plate, with pita, slaw, and chicken separated, or stuff slaw and chicken into pita and eat with your hands!
- Cooking spray
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup falafel mix
- 2 whole-wheat pitas, halved
- 6 tablespoons hummus
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon harissa or other hot chili paste
- 4 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- 6 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Set a rack on a rimmed baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Toss the chicken with the olive oil in a large bowl, then add the falafel mix and toss to coat. Arrange the chicken on the rack and bake until golden and cooked through, about 10 minutes. While the chicken is baking, stack the pita halves and wrap them in foil; warm in the oven, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the hummus, lemon zest and juice, harissa and 3 tablespoons water in a large bowl. Remove 2 tablespoons of the hummus sauce and reserve. Add the coleslaw mix, radishes and parsley to the remaining hummus sauce and toss. Season with salt.
Divide the chicken among plates and drizzle with the reserved hummus sauce. Stuff the slaw in the pitas and serve with the chicken.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pita 4.3/5 (349 Votes)
- Holiday Chicken Casserole 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Southwest Marinated Grilled Chicken 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Roasted Pineapple Rum Chicken 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Chicken Creole Burgers with Bayou... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Ham and Cheese Sandwiches 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Avocado & Egg English Muffin 4.4/5 (12 Votes)