Southwestern Chicken Fajita Mason Jar Salad
Southwestern Chicken Fajita Mason Jar Salad, it's the perfect on the go meal requiring little effort but, more importantly it's a healthy well balanced meal with wholesome ingredients.
- Optional Add-Ons:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning blend (no added sodium)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium roasted sweet potatoes *
- 3 cups greens of choice (I used spring mix)
- Sour cream
- Lime juice
Adapted from blog.foodnetwork.com
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Add the prepared vegetables and chicken to a large baking sheet pan. Drizzle the oil and seasoning over the mixture, and then stir to coat.
Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
To assemble: Put in the fajita mixture, sweet potatoes, and greens in that order. If you choose to add the optional ingredients, place them on top of the greens the day you plan to eat the salad. These jars will keep for 3 to 5 days.
* Roast the sweet potatoes in advance to enjoy as a snack throughout the week and to add to this salad. Or roast them together with the vegetables and chicken. Simply add an extra teaspoon of both oil and seasoning.