One-Pot Chicken Pad Thai
- 12 ounces rice noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 yellow or green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from 12tomatoes.com
Heat water and chicken stock in a large stockpot and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium and add in peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, chili sauce, oil, garlic, red pepper and ginger, and stir until everything is evenly combined.
Rinse rice noodles under water, then break them in half and submerge completely in boiling stock.
Add carrots, green or yellow pepper and half of green onions to the pot, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until everything is tender and the sauce has thickened.
Remove pot from heat and stir in chicken and lime juice. Garnish with remaining green onions and serve hot.
You'll also love
- Baked Buffalo Popcorn Chicken with... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Best Chicken Parmigiana 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles Recipe 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Baked Teriyaki Chicken 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Hibachi-Style Noodles 4/5 (63 Votes)
- Garlic Chicken & Veggies Stir Fry 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Chinese Chicken with Broccoli 4.3/5 (29 Votes)