Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This deliciously gooey and wonderful grilled cheese is best served cut in half and shared with a loved one!
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus more for the griddle
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cut In half
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 3 whole hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices cheese, any variety
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from thepioneerwoman.com
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook the onions low and slow for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove them to a place when they're deep golden brown and soft.
Fry the bacon in the same skillet until slightly crisp. Remove to a paper towel to drain.
Combine the mayonnaise and the hot sauce and stir. Taste and add more hot sauce if needed.
Sprinkle the sliced eggs generously with salt and pepper.
To assemble, spread one side of each piece of bread with the spicy mayo. Build the sandwich however you wish: eggs, bacon, cheese, onions, more eggs, more cheese. Spread one side of the assembled sandwich with softened butter and put it butter-side down on a griddle or skillet over medium-low heat. Spread the top side with butter, then continue grilling the sandwich until the bread is golden and slightly crisp and the filling is warm/cheese is melted.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (674 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (438 Votes)
- Breakfast Grilled Cheese 4.5/5 (328 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pita 4.5/5 (296 Votes)
- King's Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Rolls 4.6/5 (126 Votes)