Lasagnetti with Crumbled Sausage, Asparagus and Zucchini Coins
Proud Italian Cook recipe
Rate this recipe 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- 3 small yellow squash cut in 1/4 inch slice
- 3 small zucchini cut in 1/4 inch slice
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus cut diagonally
- 12 or more grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 cup each of white wine, chicken broth and pasta water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. of cooked lasagnetti or any sturdy pasta, reserve 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1 cup of ricotta
- fresh basil and grated romano for garnish
Roast zucchini coins and asparagus on a baking sheet drizzled in olive oil at 425 until golden brown.
Saute the tomatoes in olive oil in a small skillet.
Brown sausage in a skillet with the chopped shallot and garlic cloves, my sausage is very lean so I add a little olive oil when browning. When sausage is cooked through add in the wine, broth, 1/4 cup olive oil and pasta water, this will be the base for your sauce.
Toss everything into a large bowl coating the cooked pasta with the sauce, tossing with grated cheese, fresh snipped basil and salt and pepper to taste.
Place on a platter and dot with fresh ricotta and a drizzle more of olive oil if needed.
You'll also love
- Cranberry-Bourbon Relish 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Caramel Banana Upside Down Bread 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Low Calorie Crunchy Cauliflower 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Soup 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Sticky Caramel Pumpkin... 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs 4.1/5 (66 Votes)
- Stuffed Zucchini 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
Review this recipe