Rosemary-Garlic Pork Tenderloin With Sweet-And-Sour Prunes
- 8 ounces pitted prunes - (1 1/3 cups)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup Sherry wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloins
- Generous pinch dried crushed red pepper
- 12 cups sliced escarole - (abt 1 lge head)
- 1 cup chicken stock (or canned low-salt chicken broth)
Bring pitted prunes, 1 1/3 cups water, Sherry wine vinegar and sugar to boil in heavy medium saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium and cook until liquid is syrupy, about 20 minutes. Set prunes aside.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Blend 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic cloves, chopped fresh rosemary and cracked black pepper in food processor to form paste. Place pork tenderloins in roasting pan; rub with 3 1/2 tablespoons garlic paste. Set remaining garlic paste aside. Roast pork tenderloins until thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 150 degrees, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat remaining garlic paste and dried crushed red pepper in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 12 cups sliced escarole; cover and cook until wilted, about 6 minutes. Mix in chicken stock.
Transfer pork to work surface and slice. Mix any pan juices from pork into prunes and bring to simmer. Divide escarole among 6 plates. Top with pork slices, then prunes. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Bacco is one of eight New Orleans restaurants run by members of the Brennan family. At Bacco, this pork tenderloin is served with garlicky mashed potatoes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (705 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (438 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Garlic Cheese Bread 4.6/5 (321 Votes)