Zucchini & Spaghetti Squash "Lasagna"
Believe it or not this is a GREAT Weight Watchers meal and is only 1 point on the new system or 2pts if following the old
- 2 About 2 cups Homemade sauce (or your favorite red sauce)
- 1 medium zucchini thinly sliced (I used the slice setting on my cheese grater)
- 2-2 1/2 About 2-2 1/2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 3 oz fancy shredded mozzarella cheese
- Ground pepper
- Dried parsley flakes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a casserole dish, smear a little of the sauce on the bottom to prevent sticking then begin layering zucchini, top with a bit of squash, dab on ricotta (I crumpled the best I can to cover the area), sprinkle with a bit of the shredded cheese, add some sauce repeat until you are out of ingredients.
Repeat the layering until you are out of ingredients. Be sure the save a bit of mozzarella cheese for the top. If you use fancy shredded cheese it tends to go a bit further.
Sprinkle the top with some ground pepper and dried parsley. Bake uncovered for at about 45 minutes until zucchini is tender.
During the baking process there will be a lot of water, no pasta to soak it up. About every 10-15 minutes use a turkey baster to remove some excess water.
You will be able to get 6 servings like the one pictured above.
Approx Nutritional Information per serving
Amt per Serving 1/6 of the lasagna in the pan
WWPs New System: 1 Point Old System 2 points
Sugar 4g Carbs 7gr
Sat Fat 1gr Protein 4g
You'll also love
- Holiday Lettuce Salad 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Crock Pot Cherry Dump Cake 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Southern Fried Cabbage 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Parmesan Butternut Squash Gratin 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Zucchini & Olive Oil Cake 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Zucchini Pasta 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Tex-Mex Baked Spaghetti Squash 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Pie 4.5/5 (15 Votes)