Cheddar Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta (Weight Watchers)
- 1/2 lb whole wheat penne pasta
- 4 slc bacon, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp light butter
- 1 lg chicken breast, boneless & skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 pkg ranch dressing mix ( 1/2 oz)
- 1 c fat free milk
- 1/2 c fat free shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling salted water; drain, return to pot, and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Drain all but 1/2 tablespoon of bacon drippings from the pan.
3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the butter to the reserved bacon drippings, then add the chicken to the same skillet. Cook until tender, no longer pink, and slightly browned.
4. Sprinkle the flour and ranch dressing mix over the chicken, stirring to coat evenly. Stir in the milk, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the cheddar cheese and half of the reserved bacon; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
5. Serve each plate of pasta with more bacon sprinkled over the top
You'll also love
- Fall off the Bone Roasted Chicken... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Bobby Flay's Oven-Fried Chicken 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Macaroni and cheese with cream of... 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Penne with Chicken and Gorgonzola... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Teena's Spicy Pesto Chicken and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Smothered Bacon Ranch Chicken... 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)