Teena's Spicy Pesto Chicken and Pasta
"A spicy chicken and pesto pasta dish that's easy to adjust to any heat level. I created it after eating a similar dish at a Santa Monica restaurant, and it's one of my favorites. Serve with additional grated Parmesan, if desired. As an option, it's delicious with creamy goat cheese stirred in at the end."
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place farfalle pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Mix in the chile paste and chicken. Cook and stir chicken 10 minutes, or until evenly browned and juices run clear.
Toss the cooked farfalle, pesto, Parmesan cheese, and cilantro into the skillet, and continue cooking just until heated through.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 422 | Total Fat: 15.2g | Cholesterol: 43mg
You'll also love
- Creamy Crescent Chicken Rolls 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Firecracker Chicken Thighs 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Baked Buffalo Dip with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Macaroni & Cheese, German Style 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Classic Macaroni and Cheese... 3.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Smothered Bacon Ranch Chicken... 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Maple Syrup Teriyaki... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pesto Chicken Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)