Banana Cherry Custard Muffins - Valerie Bertinelli
These Banana Cherry Custard Muffins are awesome, delicious and simple to make. According to fitness pal, they're only 45 calories per serving.
- Nonstick cooking spray, for spraying the muffin tin
- 3/4 cup frozen pitted cherries, thawed, halved and well drained
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
Line a plate with 2 layers of paper towels and place the cherries on top to dry briefly.
Put the bananas in a large bowl and mash them very thoroughly with a fork. Add the vanilla and mix and mash to combine. Add the eggs and whisk until well beaten.
Divide the cherries evenly among the muffin cups, then pour in the banana custard (each cup will be about three-quarters full). Bake until the muffins are domed and set, 12 to 14 minutes.
Run a thin knife around the edge of each muffin and remove with a small offset spatula. Cool slightly. Dust with powdered sugar if using and serve.
You'll also love
- Miami Black Bean Soup 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Canning Sweet Carrots 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Homemade Apple Jelly 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Banana Date Bread 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Tuna Nicoise Sandwich 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Banana-Blueberry Muffins 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread with... 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Pamelas Gluten Free Bagels 3.7/5 (35 Votes)