Easy Pineapple Glazed Spiral Ham
Make your own pineapple glaze for your spiral cut ham! I wanted to show how easy it is to turn a spiral cut bone-in ham into something that looks impressive, but isn't a whole lot of work. You see, the ham glaze packet, that comes with a spiral cut cooked ham doesn't do much for me. Have you read the ingredients listings? Yikes! I improvised making my own glaze, using pineapple jam (which I made myself), brown sugar and Dijon mustard. I was surprised at how good this turned out, and with the drippings I actually made a beautiful gravy to pour over the ham slices.
- 1 spiral cut ham, already cooked
- 1 cup of pineapple jam
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- CORNSTARCH SLURRY:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 275°F.
Whisk together the glaze ingredients, and generously slather all over the ham.
Cover the ham, loosely, with foil and place into preheated oven set on a roasting rack for about 1 1/2 hours, total.
During the last hour, remove the foil. Brush to spread glaze, evenly, if desired.
If you end up with drippings, which I did, you can make an easy "gravy" for the ham. Here's what you do:
Pour the drippings into a stove top pan.
Add about 1 1/2 cups to 2 cups low sodium chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Stir to combine. To thicken the gravy make the slurry.
For the slurry:
In a bowl, add the cornstarch and whisk in enough cold water to make a thin slurry, without any lumps. If you have lumps, pour the mixture through a fine sieve.
Add a small amount of the slurry, while whisking the gravy on medium-high. Add a very small amount, at a time, until the gravy thickens to your liking.
Taste and season with coarse salt and black pepper, to taste.
You'll also love
- Caramel Corn Recipe 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Giada's Breakfast Popovers with... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Double Rainbow Cake Jelly Shot 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Apple Crisp 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Vegan Banana Honeydew Melon... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Copycat Spicy Queso Blanco... 4.1/5 (39 Votes)
- Crock Pot Santa Fe Cream Cheese... 4.1/5 (59 Votes)