Blueberry Coffee Cake
Moist and full of flavor, this cake is loaded with blueberries and crowned with a crunchy, sweet crumb topping. It tastes even better with a tall glass of milk!
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, softened, plus more for greasing the pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 heaping teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sugar, for sprinkling
- Softened butter, for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with butter.
Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt to a medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the egg and mix until combined. Mix in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture and milk alternately and mix until totally incorporated. Do not over-beat. Stir in the blueberries until evenly distributed. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Combine the flour, sugar, butter, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl and cut together using 2 knives or a pastry cutter. Sprinkle over the top of the batter.
Bake until the cake is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Cut into squares and serve with softened butter.
You'll also love
- Pressure-Cooker Caramel Flan 4/5 (83 Votes)
- Best Banana Nut Bread 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Carrot Cake... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Deviled Eggs 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Blackberry and Fontina Grilled... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Peach Streusel Slab Pie 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumb Bars 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Hot Fudge Sundae Poke Cake Recipe 4.4/5 (27 Votes)